Charter Medical’s Neonatal Syringe Set with 150-micronfilter is designed to facilitate delivery of small aliquots of whole blood, cellular (red cells and platelets) components, and fresh frozen plasma components for neonatal/pediatric transfusion.
Charter Medical’s TRU-FLO NEO-40® Syringe Set with 40-micron filter is designed for the removal of microaggregates and particulate debris from whole blood and red blood cells (RBC) during infusion. Syringe aliquots of RBC and plasma must be administered to a patient within 24 hours and syringe platelet aliquots within 4 hours.
· Provides a safe, cost-effective system to administer small aliquots of blood and blood components
· Maximizes usage of adult-size blood units
· Allows for single-donor exposure for neonates
· Use with sterile connection technology to provide closed blood delivery system and maintain original
primary unit outdating
· Needle-less system eliminates accidental needle sticks
· May be used in conjunction with neonatal/pediatric multi-bag aliquot systems
· Available in multiple syringe configurations and sizes
· Not manufactured with DEHP
Drawing blood from indwelling catheters is more complicated in the NICU, but there are proven ways to ensure patient safety.
Current peripheral arterial blood draw methods can lead to serious complications. Learn more about a new method that’s both safer and more efficient.
Periventricular leukomalacia (PVL) is known to be a causing factor in the development of cerebral palsy and other neurological conditions. Here’s what you need to know.