- Maintains a closed system access through a closed port, split septum
- Reduces line accesses to 1 per blood draw (versus 4 for open stopcocks)
- Eliminates the need for complex and bulky in-line closed systems
- Eliminates setup time, in-line air issues and wave form damping seen in current in-line blood draw devices
- Draws NO blood into the arterial line during sampling procedure
- Standardizes blood waste to a very low volume for each draw; less than 0.2mL.
- Eliminates the open drip method for PAL sampling
- No positive or negative pressure applied to radial artery
- No flushing required after PAL blood draw
- Disposable after single use. Use only when needed.
- May extend the life of the PAL catheter due to lower volume movement
The Hummi Micro-Draw reduces overall blood/fluid volume movement significantly during UAC Sampling. Hummi’s unique design allows for sampling directly from inside the catheter hub through a split septum T-connector. This closed, needle-less system minimizes blood exposure and dramatically reduces alteration of cerebral blood flow, a known cause of neuro-impairment in very low birth weight babies. Blood clearance volumes are reduced approximately 70% with Umbilical Catheter use, and flush volumes are reduced up to 80% over current methods. Hummi provides additional clinical advantages over current methods of blood sampling from Umbilical Arterial Catheters.
|ABG-HM-1||Hummi Closed, Needleless Micro-Draw Blood Transfer Device||50 / BX|
|NMT8046||Micro-T Split Septum T Connector 6"||100 / BX|
|ABG-3601-VS||1mL Self Venting Syringe with 15 units Heparin||100 / BX|
|ABG-3603-VS||3mL Self Venting with NO Heparin||100 / BX|